Has anyone else read 'the perks of being a wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky? I'm going to turn into some sappy, stereotypical girl here but I loved it. Its similar to "the catcher in the rye" by J.D.Salinger in many ways which is probably why i like it so much (needless to say, they are 2 out of 3 of my favourite books.)
I love how books can make such an impression on you, and this one in particular really moved me. Its about a young boy dealing with some sort of mental illness, (anxiety i suspect) and how he overcomes the pressures, difficulties and general nuisance of teenage life in a somewhat interesting setting. Yet at the end, we have to come to are own conclusions and decide for ourselves the true outcome of this story. I find this in itself fascinating.
The quotes that most stick out to me in it are "and in that moment, i swear we were infinite" and the old favourite "we accept the love we think we deserve" I'll let you make your own opinions on them, but i really think they demonstrate the mindset of a teenager.
Similarly with "the catcher in the rye" I find it so enthralling how something as overlooked as grammar can express the thoughts/feelings/emotions of the main characters mindset, the GRAMMAR, not even through words we can picture Holdens feelings.
Maybe this is just the english language obsession in me. I don't know, but if you haven't read either of these books, you need to.


I loved this book too! I always enjoy a book where you can read about someone else's view on life, it's so insightful.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the other book in your 3 favourites?
Lou x
Bluebird | Beauty and life blog